Friday 20 September 2013

Summer joys

I didn't travel much this summer, I would rather say that I stayed at home in Berlin (until July) and then at home in Finland (for six weeks from mid-July until the end of August) so...only now, when having returned back to Berlin, new fresh traveling ideas are filling up my head. But before turning my head for the future, here a little summary of the past weeks in form of photos.


Enjoying time with family and friends at home by cooking,baking and eating together...this is the summerly strawberry cake I made for us for midsummer's eve from the home-grown strawberries.



Chilling and taking the time to observe clouds (didn't have that chance too often before the holidays), and I also made good use of the new pink shoes I bought :)


Taking it easy on a summer cottage of a friend, in the middle of the Finnish countryside...


Buying all those things that you miss being abroad, like Fazer candies and rye bread.

 
Celebrating name days, birthdays and even a wedding, these are some lavender cupcakes my sister baked for her 25th birthday :)

 

I guess I traveled more in Finland than in the past years all together: I started my holidays in Joensuu & Ilosaarirock, went to Jyväskylä, good old Tampere and Lahti (without my camera!) and to Helsinki, to celebrate the end of the summer at Linnanmäki and some other nice places like Kakkugalleria where we tried several kind of sweet treats.


1 comment:

  1. Kakkugalleria on ihana paikka! Ja kiva kuva kuppikakuista! Ne kyllä yllättivät maullaan. Ajattelin, että niistä tulee makuelämys kuin saippuaa imeksisi, mutta ei ollutkaan! Yllättävän raikas.

    ReplyDelete